Spring berry season makes it easy for us to eat more greens. Adding colorful fruit to your salads bring not only a
nice burst of color but also added nutrition. Antioxidant rich strawberries pack a healthy dose of vitamins,minerals
and fiber. And the pumpkin seeds give you energy and iron. Make this today and welcome spring and summer!
Springtime Strawberry SaladPrint Recipe
- Ingredients for the Salad
- 1-2 heads of salad greens or a small box of pre-washed greens (I used soft, tender mesclun mix & baby spinach)
- 2 large handfuls of fresh organic strawberries, washed and sliced thin
- ½ a cucumber, diced small
- ¼ cup of pumpkin seeds
- For the dressing:
- ½ cup of cashews, soaked for at least 30 minutes or overnight
- ¼ to a ½ cup of filtered water (depending how thin you like your dressing)
- 1-2 cloves of raw garlic
- 2 tablespoons of vinegar (strawberry blush vinegar, apple cider or white wine)
- 1-2 tablespoons of honey
- Season with salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
Start by soaking your cashews in a small bowl. Set aside.
Prepare all your salad greens, wash and place in a large bowl or on individual plates.
Next chop up your cucumbers and strawberries. Divide up on individual salads plates or onto a large salad bowl.
Add in your pumpkin seeds and sprinkle on plates or on salad bowl.
Then in a food processor or high-powered blender combine all your salad dressing ingredients. Adding the water a little at a time, and blend until it’s as creamy as you like it. Add more water if necessary.
Season with salt and fresh ground pepper. Stir to combine.
Place in a small container and pour desired amount over salads. Toss the dressed salad and enjoy!
Store the rest of the dressing in a sealed container in the fridge for future use.
Preparation Time: 10-15 minutes