Roasted Butternut Squash & Bean SoupPrint Recipe
- ●1 butternut squash, peeled & seeded or a package of pre-cut cubes - (major time saver)
- ●1 tablespoon coconut oil or olive oil
- ●1 medium onion, chopped
- ●3 celery stalks, chopped
- ●2-3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- ●1 32 ounce box of low sodium vegetable stock or chicken stock
- ●1 can of cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- ●1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ●1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ●1/2 teaspoon of ground ginger
- ●1/4 teaspoon of ground allspice *optional
- ●salt & fresh ground pepper to taste
Roast the butternut squash at 425 degrees for 20-25 minutes, on a small cookie sheet tossed with 1/2 tablespoon of coconut oil or olive oil and fresh ground pepper. Stirring occasionally.
Meanwhile, saute the onions, celery and garlic at the bottom of a large soup pot with 1/2 tablespoon of olive/coconut oil. Sauteing for 8-10 minutes until onions are soft and garlic is fragrant.
When the squash is roasted, add to the soup pot along with the vegetable stock. Stir to combine, turning the heat up to bring the soup to a low boil. Once it is bubbling, add the beans and turn the soup down to low. Continue to stir and add the spices, cinnamon,nutmeg, ginger and allspice.
Let the soup simmer on the stove top for 15-20 minutes.
Using an immersion blender, or a regular blender, blend the soup until smooth. Salt and pepper to taste.
Preparation Time: 1015 minutes