Red Quinoa SaladPrint Recipe
- Adapted from Angela at the blog Oh She Glows http://ohsheglows.com
- ●1 cup uncooked red quinoa
- ●1 14 ounce can of black beans, rinsed and drained
- ●1 red pepper, chopped
- ●1 yellow or orange pepper, chopped
- ●1 cup of pea sprouts, chopped
- ●¼ cup of cilantro, chopped
- ●2 scallions, chopped
- ●1 small avocado, pitted and chopped
- ●1 tablespoon of lime zest
- ●4-5 tablespoons of fresh lime juice, (juice of two limes)
- ●1-2 cloves of garlic, minced
- ●¼ cup of fresh cilantro, chopped
- ●1 teaspoon of cumin
- ●¼ cup of olive oil
- ●Salt & pepper to tast
Cook the quinoa according to package.
While quinoa is cooking, prep all the veggies.
Whisk together the dressing in a small bowl.
Allow quinoa to cool (5-10 minutes) and fluff with a fork. Add beans and vegetables and toss well.
Drizzle dressing over salad and toss well. Season with salt & pepper. Serve on a bed of greens for a delicious meal. Enjoy!
Preparation Time: 20-25 minutes