Hearty and delicious this salad delivers energy and taste to power you through your toughest day. Lemony greens combine with fresh ingredients and colors to give you a healthy dose of nutrition, vitamins, minerals, healthy fats and FIBER. Feel free to add what you have on hand to create your own ‘Power Bowl’ Enjoy!
Power Bowl Kale SaladPrint Recipe
- For the Salad:
- 1 bunch of kale, washed, dried and stems removed
- 1 lemon or lime, zest and juice
- 1 cup of cooked lentils or canned, rinsed and drained
- ½ to 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and sliced
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and grated
- 1 cup of red grapes, sliced in half
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- ½ cup of toasted walnuts
- ½ cucumber, diced
- The Dressing: Lemon or Lime Vinaigrette
- 1 or 2 lemons or limes, zested and juiced (about ¼ cup of juice)
- 12 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of Dijon mustard
- Salt & fresh ground black pepper to taste
Cut the fresh kale into thin ribbonlike strips and divide into two large (or four small) salad bowls.
Zest the lemon or lime over each salad bowl and cut lime in half.
Squeeze all the juice over each bowl and sprinkle with sea salt.
Massage the greenssqueeze gently (using your hands) until greens reduce in size and relax. * Should look bright green.
Assemble the toppings in small sections around the top of each salad bowl. Lentils, avocado slices, carrot, red pepper, grapes, cucumber andwalnuts. Set aside. Feel free to get creative and add different toppings you have on hand.
In a small bowl whisk together the dressing ingredients and season with salt and pepper to taste. Pour desired amount of dressing onto each salad or serve on the side.
Preparation Time: 5-10 minutes *Chef Note: Massaging the kale relaxes the greens making them less bitter and easier to eat and digest.