Pomegranate Lentil SaladPrint Recipe
- ●1 cup fresh pomegranate arils (seeds)
- ●½ cup of pre-cooked green lentils or cook a batch of dry
- ●1 orange, zest,segments and some fresh squeezed juice
- ●2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
- ●1 tablespoons of olive oil
- ●1 tablespoon of honey mustard
- ●salt and pepper to taste
- ●bed of mixed greens or scooped onto endive spears (healthy appetizer)
In a medium size mixing bowl combine pomegranates seeds and cooked lentils.
Zest the orange into the lentil mixture and then cut it in half.
Reserving half of the orange for fresh juice, the other half cut into segments for salad.
Add orange segments to lentil mixture. Stir to combine.
In a smaller bowl prepare salad dressing.
Combine apple cider vinegar, orange juice, honey mustard and olive oil. Whisk together.
Pour dressing over lentil pomegranate mixture. Stir to combine. Add salt & pepper to taste.
Place on a large bed of mixed greens or scoop onto endive spears for a healthy appetizer bites.
Preparation Time: 10-15 minutes