Beet Ginger SoupPrint Recipe
- ● 1 tablespoon of coconut oil or olive oil
- ● 1 medium onion, chopped
- ● 2 stalks of celery, chopped
- ● 4 small carrots, chopped
- ● 2 apples, peeled,cored and chopped
- ● 1 red potato, peeled and chopped (optional) add in for creaminess
- ● 1 large beet (or two small) peeled and chopped
- ● 1 inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled and diced
- ● 4 cups of low-sodium vegetable broth
- ● 2 cups of filtered water
- ● ½ teaspoon of cinnamon
- ● ¼ teaspoon of nutmeg
- ● salt and pepper to taste
Preheat a large soup pot to medium-high heat with the oil, while prepping your veggies.
Prepare all your veggies.
Saute your onion, carrot and celery until soft. About 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Next add in your beet, ginger, apples and potatoes. Stir to combine. Cook for 5 minutes.
Sprinkle in your spices, cinnamon and nutmeg and stir to combine for 1 minute. Heavenly smell! 🙂
Pour in your vegetable broth and water. Turn the heat up to high and bring soup to a boil. Once at a low boil, reduce heat back down to low and cover and simmer for about 35-40 minutes. Stirring occasionally.
Continue to cook soup until all vegetables are fork tender. Pulse with an immersion blender to combine or place soup in a high powered blender or food processor to blend together. Working in small batches while the soup is hot. Be careful. Serve when ready. Perfect with a side salad and crusty loaf of fresh baked bread.
Finish with salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy & Happy Fall
Preparation Time: 10-15 minutes