10 Minute Creamy Cauliflower SoupPrint Recipe
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced small
- 2 stalks of celery, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 medium size potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup of raw cashews
- 1 head of cauliflower, chopped into medium chunks
- 1 32ounce box of lowsodium vegetable stock or broth
- 2 cups of filtered water
In a large soup pot heat up the olive oil to medium heat. Prepare and chop the onion, celery and garlic. Once pan is heated add in the onion and celery until soft, about 35 minutes. Stirring occasionally.
Next prepare the cauliflower, potato. Set aside. Once onions and celery are soft add in the minced garlic and continue to stir for about a minute or until garlic is fragrant.
Add in the broth, water, cauliflower, potato and cashews. Bring mixture up to a boil and then stir, cover and turn down to a low simmer. Allow to simmer on low for (the rest of the day!) or until the cauliflower is soft. Stirring occasionally.
Blend until creamy with an immersion blender or in a high speed blender. Add in salt and pepper to taste.
Serve with a large green salad, friends, holiday music and rustic loaf of fresh baked bread.
Preparation Time: 10-20 minutes